OIS Processing Time: 10 business days
If the OIS does not receive a Passport Verification (PPV) submission within 15 days of the start date indicated on the Exchange Visitor’s DS-2019, a Correction Request is required. Those attempting to enter the U.S. 15 days after their start date could be sent to secondary inspection or denied entry. For Delayed Arrivals, the sponsoring academic department will submit a Correction Request to OIS to amend the start date in SEVIS. A new DS-2019 will be issued. In cases where there is not adequate time to ship, the Exchange Visitor can enter the U.S. without the new DS-2019 as long as the SEVIS record reflects the updated start date.
Reporting Responsibilities for Exchange Visitors
The Exchange Visitor is responsible for notifying their Department Facilitators if they are unable to arrive and complete PPV within 15 days from the start date listed on the DS-2019.
Reporting Responsibilities for Department Facilitators
The Department Facilitators will email the correction request documents in a single email attachment to OIS at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Subject Line of email should identify Campus, Request Description: Name of Exchange Visitor, ISD-XXXXXX (i.e. UPC, Correction Request: Tommy Trojan, ISD-XXXXXX or HSC, Correction Request: Tommy Trojan, ISD-XXXXXX)
A Correction Request includes the following:
- Internal Requisition for $150 (New & Transfer requests) submitted via Workday
- The ISP Name for OIS is ISP-SP-059 – Office of International Services
- Business Purpose section of the system should identify Campus, Request Description: Name of Exchange Visitor, ISD-XXXXXX (i.e. UPC, Correction Request: Tommy Trojan, ISD-XXXXXX or HSC, Correction Request: Tommy Trojan, ISD-XXXXXX).
- Each application must have its own ISD number, unless it is a Group application
- An invitation letter or an addendum to the existing invitation letter which specifies the new start and end date. The dates selected should be for the same duration of the initial DS-2019.
If the Exchange Visitor does not arrive and complete the PPV process within the 15 day window from the start date listed on the DS-2019, the SEVIS record will become invalid.
Workday Financial Management is the best resource for specific guidance on the new IR protocols. There’s helpful information on the Internal Requisitions Overview webpage, as well as Workday support options here.
If the Exchange Visitor is unable to come to campus for their appointment (change of plans/denied a visa), please notify OIS. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to CANCEL the visitor’s SEVIS record.