Student Employment

Disclaimer: The contents in this section are based on current immigration regulations and USC policies. Non-USC students should consult with the international student advisors at their institutions.

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) provide a variety of opportunities for F-1 and J-1 international students to be employed in the United States. Students must first seek approval for the appropriate work authorization type. Working without proper authorization is a serious violation of the F-1 and J-1 student status. Please use the navigation links to learn more about each type of work authorization.

For career related resources, visit the USC Career Center.

Questions? Contact OIS.