J-1 Scholar Forms

Academic Advisor’s Signature on OIS Request Forms

OIS is providing remote assistance to our international community. Several OIS request forms such as the OPT Graduation Verification Form, CPT, Program Extension, Leave of Absence, and Reduced Course Load, require signatures from students’ academic advisors. Advisors should use Docusign whenever possible to e-sign the OIS forms and scan/email the completed forms to students.

Advisors who are not able to access Docusign, can email a verification statement to the student from their USC email accounts. The advisor’s verification email should include a simple statement explaining they cannot sign the form due to technical issues and the email serves as their recommendation/verification signature. Student will need to email the request form and their advisor’s verification email to OIS for review.

Change of Status to Permanent Resident

DS-2019 Extension Request / Instructions

Invitation Letter

J-1 Dependent DS-2019 Request (For bringing a J-2 Dependent to the U.S. after the J-1 has arrived)

J-1 Scholar In-Person Research Form

J-1 Scholar Non-USC Employment Authorization Request

J-1 Scholar Off-Campus Work Authorization Request / Instructions

J-1 Transfer Out Request / Instructions

Letter of Standing

New DS-2019 Request / Instructions

New International Student/Scholar Information Form / Instructions  (Check-In Form)

Travel Signature Request / Instructions


OIS recommends using the latest version of Adobe Reader. Download a free version here.