All new international students are required to complete Passport Verification (PPV) with the Office of International Services (OIS) upon arrival to the US. PPV is a procedure that verifies a student’s immigration status to ensure that the student is eligible to start an academic program at USC for the upcoming academic semester.
Immigration regulations allow students to enter the US 30 days prior to the start date on the SEVIS I-20 (for F-1 students) or DS-2019 (for J-1 students). If students plan on entering the US within this 30-day time frame, they can complete Passport Verification (PPV) at one of our PPV sessions. Otherwise, students can sign up for a PPV session that will be held during New Student Orientation.
Students on E1, E4, H-1B, H4, L1, L2, O1, R1 visas or AB540 status must also complete PPV.
PPV Registration Process
1. Certify enrollment and register for a USC email address
- Undergraduate students must submit their Enrollment Commitment Deposit
- Graduate students must submit an Intent to Enroll form
- To view the Spring 2017 PPV schedule, please click on the PPV Registration link.
- Required documents for PPV:
- New International Student/Scholar Information Form
- Photocopy of passport
- Photocopy of visa
- Photocopy of I-20/DS-2019
- I-94 Admissions Stamp in Passport or I-94 Printout
3. Review important information on the New Student section of the OIS website on pre-departure preparation, orientation, housing, as well as the Immigration Regulations and Responsibilities of Students.